All books are shipped free, and in case you're concerned about your eco-footprint, every order shipped is carbon balanced with Green-e Climate certified offsets from 3Degrees, a leading green power and carbon balancing services firm.
To date BWB has:
- donated over 7,048,615 books
- raised $13,446,219.11 for literacy and libraries
- reused/recycled 97,959,917 books
So far, 58 million books have been converted into $10.4 million in funding, and over 40,000 tons of books have been saved from landfills. Books are collected through a network of 2,300 college campuses and 3,000 libraries.
- Book for Book - for every book purchased, BWB donates a book to someone in need.
- LEAP (Literacy & Education in Action Program) - funds literacy and educational nonprofits and libraries for specific projects- the frontline of the fight to reduce global poverty through education. Several times a year, BWB invites literacy-focused organizations to apply for grants to support high-impact literacy projects. Then BWB selects the projects they feel "have the biggest bang for the buck." Projects are funded through BWB's General Literacy Fund, which means they make grants in addition to the regular stream of revenue earmarked for libraries and their nonprofit partners.
- Donations - BWB sells new and used books, so you can donate your books (via one of their drop boxes or mail) and they will be sold online to help raise funds for nonprofit literacy organizations.
BWB's four primary literacy partners:
I urge you to visit Better World Books' website to review their mission and values, read about their impact and buy some books! (They even have gift certificates).