- Leadership: take steps to achieve [their] vision of a better world and inspire others to join them.
- Equity: enable broad and fair access to resources and networks that facilitate inclusion of diverse people and perspectives.
- Effectiveness: work to achieve impact by using efficient and creative processes in their work to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Innovation: believe in the potential of ideas to transform the lives of people and build stronger social relationships. They invest in new work along a spectrum from discontinuous to incremental.
- Integrity: make decisions transparently, in line with their mission and vales, acting with candor and courage.
The governance policies are described in a set of documents: charter, social investing guidelines, by laws, code of conduct and whistleblower policy, which are approved by the Board of Trustees. All these documents, and the foundation's 990s are available for review, with easy links, on the website.
The Rockefeller Foundation's vision is to help build resilience by helping individuals and communities prepare for, withstand, and emerge stronger from acute shocks and chronic stresses. They seek to achieve equitable growth by expanding opportunities for more people in more places worldwide.
- Developing Climate Change Resilience
- Strengthening Food Security: Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa
- Protecting American Workers' Economic Security: Campaign for American Workers
- Promoting Equitable, Sustainable Transportation
- Linking Global Disease Surveillance Networks
- Transforming Health Systems
- Enabling Enviroment: Innovation
- Harnessing the Power of Impact Investing
Four Areas of Focus:
- Revalue Ecosystems
- Secure Livelihoods
- Transform Cities
- Advance Health
The foundation's website offers comprehensive information on its history, governance, focus and impact. To learn more please visit The Rockefeller Foundation, here.