- Access to Collections: provides grants that increase access to significant museum and archival collections, with an emphasis on digital access and on projects that involve collaboration among multiple institutions.
- Art History: aims to strengthen art historical scholarship and to provide opportunities for sustained international exchange among scholars.
- Conservation: promotes the interdisciplinary practice of conservation by supporting projects that foster collaboration between conservators, art historians, conservation scientists and other heritage professionals.
- Leadership: recognizing that the continued vitality of the fields they serve depends on the quality of their leaders- the foundation funds professional development opportunities for individuals at various stages of their careers.
- Residential Fellowships: providing grants and fellowship opportunities through the Getty Research Institute and Getty Conservation Institute.
The Getty Foundation is just one initiative of the J. Getty Trust. The others include a museum, research institute, conservation institute, trust and publications division. For more information about the Trust, and the foundation, please visit the website.